- All of the programmes at Axis Tuition Centres last for one academic year (i.e. 36 weeks) as indicated in the academic calendar.
- An academic year is usually divided into 6 terms consisting of 6 weeks each and aditional booster courses during the holidays.
- 11 +, GCSE and A Level programmes may have additional booster sessions at extra cost.
- A non-refundable fee of £50 is applied to all programmes to cover the cost of resources, photocopies, equipment and tests.
- Damaged or lost items can be replaced at an extra cost depending on the price of the specific item.
- Students from Year 1 to Year 8 are provided with an online account for as long as they are registered with Axis and as long as the account is being used. If the account is inactive or you terminate tuition at Axis, it will also be terminated without further notice.
- The provision of online accounts might stop anytime regardless of your continuity to Axis due to unwanted disputes between Axis and the providers. In such condition, the parents/learners cannot request compensation or refund from Axis.
- Students can have a free trial lesson depending on availability. Free trial is a taster session for the pupil and the parent to have an idea about the methodology and lesson structure of Axis so it does not repeat each year or at class / teacher changes.
- A student is only allowed to have one trial (maximum one session) per programme type and, if s/he continues the lessons, the parent or student (if over 16 years of age) is liable to pay the whole 6 weeks less the cost of trial session on the day of attandance.
- Tuition fees for each term are payable in full in advance; each payment must be made before the first lesson of the new term.
- It is the parents’ responsibility to abide by the payment deadlines as shown on the application form and the academic calendar.
- Tuition fees are non-refundable and late payments may result in the student’s place being suspended.
- Axis Tuition Centres might divert the unresolved cases to its solicitors or take the matter directly to the court if the fees are delayed or not paid in full in advance and the outstanding tuition fee, full legal costs, as well as a daily interest (at the rate of £0.25), are sought under section 69 of the County Courts Act.
- Where payment is made in full for the whole academic year, parents will be offered a 10% discount if it is made in the first two terms of the academic year. After the second term, there are no discounts for full payment.
- There is a 5% sibling discount, where each sibling receives a 5% discount on their tuition.
- Equipment and assessment fees are provided at cost and as such are not part of any discount.
- Students are automatically enrolled for the following term unless their parent/guardian cancels enrolment: the full fee of the following term is applicable unless a cancellation is made because one class space is kept reserved for the student which may prevent the enrolment of other students.
- A minimum of two-week notice is required to cancel enrolment for the following term.
- Students and those responsible for paying their fee, are liable for any damage they cause to school equipment and the premises.
- If students bring mobile phones, toys, iPods or similar items to the classroom and the teacher considers the lesson is disrupted by their existence, s/he might confiscate them till the end of the lesson. If the student doesn’t comply with the teacher’s instruction then the centre manager might call the parent to pick up the student early without any refund.
- All absences should be reported by phone to the centre manager prior to class time.
- No tuition refunds are given for any missed classes.
- Classes may be combined in case of low attendance of pupils or absence of a teacher.
- If the centre is closed beyond our control in the case of poor weather, a power cut, or an event or incident or goverment restrictions or else events which prevents lessons from taking place, the cover lessons will be provided at a convenient time and branch depending on the circumstances. If the closure or restrictions last more 2 weeks we may offer online lessons.
- Parents cannot claim any refund as long as the missing session is provided face to face or online within the same academic year.
Drop-Off & Pick-up I Security of children
- Our centres open 5 minutes before the start of the first class – parents must not drop off their children too early as there may be no member of staff to look after their child.
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure that the children are dropped off and picked up at the correct time.
- There will be a £ 10 extra charge if parents pick up their children late.
- In repeated cases of picking up the children late or even completely forgetting them in our centre, our staff may share their concern with the authorities.
- Parents must tick YES on the front page of this application form if they want their children to travel to Axis alone. We take no responsibility about the travel safety of the children travelling by themselves. Parents must ensure they travel safely.
Health and Safety
- All of our staff are DBS (CRB) checked.
- Parents/guardians will be contacted if their child is ill.
- First Aid will be administered by qualified members of staff if necessary.
- Our Safeguarding and Health Policies can be accessed from our centre or on our website.
Data Protection Statement
The information which you give when completing your application form will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR regulations for the following purposes: to enable the organisation to create an electronic and paper record of your application; to enable the application to be processed; to enable the organisation to compile statistics, or to assist other and funder organisations to do so, provided that no statistical information that would identify you as an individual will be published. The information will be kept securely and will be kept no longer than necessary.